Do you have circles of dead grass in your yard? If so, you’re not alone. Many homeowners are struggling with this problem. There are a few different reasons why this might be happening, and it’s important to know the cause so you can take the necessary steps to fix it. In this article, we will discuss four of the most common causes for dead grass circles and what you can do about them.
Why Are There Circles of Dead Grass in Your Yard?
There are a few different reasons why you might be seeing circles of dead grass in your yard. Here are three of the most common causes:
- Drought – If you live in an area that is experiencing a drought, this could be the reason for your dead grass circles. Droughts are caused by a lack of rain over an extended period. If your area is going through one, you might notice that the grass isn’t growing as well or looks droopy and wilted.
- Pests – Another cause for dead grass circles could be pests such as grubs, ants, or other insects that feed on the roots of plants. These pests can cause damage to your lawn by digging holes in the soil and eating away at the root systems, which leads to dead patches of grass.
- Fungus – A fungus called a fairy ring is responsible for creating circles of dead grass in many yards across America each year. The fungi feed off organic matter like grass clippings and leaves, which causes them to grow in rings around the area where there’s plenty of food for them.
- Fertilizer – Many homeowners use fertilizers on their lawns because they think it will help the grass grow faster or look greener. However, too much fertilizer can cause damage over time as it leaches out of the soil and into nearby bodies of water. It can cause algae blooms to form, which will kill any plants or fish in the area. So it’s also important to know the lawn fertilizing steps.
What Can You Do About It?
If you’re experiencing dead grass circles in your yard, there are a few things that you can do to fix the problem and help bring back dead grass to life. Here are some tips:
- Water – One of the most important things that you can do is make sure to water your lawn regularly. A lack of water will cause the grass to die off and create bare patches in your yard.
- Aeration – Aerating your lawn can help to improve drainage and get oxygen down to the root systems of the plants. It will help them grow better and prevent dead patches of grass or circles from forming in the future.
- Hire a Pro – If you’re unable to fix the problem on your own, you might want to consider hiring a professional for lawn care in Alpharetta to take a look at your yard and help you get it back to its former glory.
There you have it, a few different tips and tricks that you can use to fix the problem of dead grass circles in your yard. You don’t have to live with this eyesore any longer! Take the necessary steps to solve the problem and enjoy a green and healthy lawn once again.